rss
twitter
    "---tweeting for the cerebral cortex"

Weird Phobias

With the enormity of the topic finding a few "odd man outs" out of many is very difficult, and for this case is even more demanding for almost all phobias have that weirdness about them. Hence, I go forth trying to find the ones where you sit back and go "now way" and "are you serious", and "no one can have that".

Blennophobia- The fear of slime
 I know what your thinking. Ghostbusters right?

Ideophobia- Fear of Ideas
Ideas inherently bad? I must say I cannot grasp this unless; someones ideas all have a negative undertone to begin with, thus, all there ideas bring harm or insecurity towards themselves. Be that as it may, ironically, in that situation the only way to recover is to begin with the very thing you cannot do. (For other phobias you come up with an "idea" and move about fixing it.)

Epistemophobia- Fear of Knowledge
no comment. 

Francophobia- Fear of France or French Culture
Yeah, well, I keep coming across ones like this for different countries and cultures, so I put it in here, however, there are many reasons for people to have a fear against a certain country. I added just because it is one I have never thought of, and it is such a prevalent fear.  The idea of it,of which I do not grasp, is why not incorporate all of them into one word; Its meaning along the lines of fear of a country (in particular or not)

Alliumphobia- Fear of Garlic
 Now I can understand disliking, from which, some type of "fear" of encountering it might happen. However, unless your a typical classical vampire its another one I cannot grasp.




I encourage you to find out more phobias from the link below. As you read through the list of phobias you should keep in mind that fears of "something" can go and come back. So if one does not make any sense to you, try to think of a situation where someone might be afraid that particular thing. It might help. 


PhobiaList

0 comments: